If you stay in Finland less than 3 months, you don’t have to register. If you stay in Finland longer than 3 months and you are a citizen of the EU, Liechtenstein or Switzerland you must do the registration. Application fee is 54 eur. Registration can be done via migri pages: https://migri.fi/en/registration-of-right-of-residence

You can also do this when applying tax card.

If you come to Finland from outside the EU for more than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit. If you plan to work, you may need a residence permit even if your stay will be shorter than 90 days. You need to apply for your residence permit personally. You cannot apply for a residence permit e.g. for your spouse.

Electronic application fee is 400 eur, paper version 600 eur. You´ll find more info here: https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-for-an-employed-person

Finnish employers collect percent based tax from all income. You can apply tax card before you enter Finland but you need to visit the tax office in person. You can apply progressive taxation or y tax-at-source taxation. Besides tax, we will also withhold social security payments from your salary (approximately 7% all payments combined).

Please visit the tax pages here for further information: https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax-cards-and-tax-returns/arriving_in_finland/work_in_finland/

It is not mandatory. However, it would be the fastest and most convenient way of receiving your payment. Your own bank account will be fine, but please remember that each transaction will take its time and bank account number must be IBAN formed number with BIC CODE. Also your own bank can withhold payments for the transaction.

The contract of employment is a fixed-term employment contract, with hour-based payment, in accordance with the collective agreement between Finnish Hospitality Association MaRa and the Service Union United PAM. The salary will be defined according to the collective agreement. Your previous work experience, language skills and education – will all effect on your wage.  

Your work contract is in accordance with the collective agreement between Finnish Hospitality Association MaRa and the Service Union United PAM. This collective agreement defines the terms and conditions of your contract. Most importantly, you are paid by the hour. Your working hours per week is usually around 40, and over that will be levelled with in the defined season. Your hours on Sundays and during Finnish Holidays are paid in double. You are legally entitled to one day off per week.

It is legally defined that your employer will deduct social security contributions from your pay automatically, amounting approximately 7% of all payments combined. Only if you are able to arrange a statement of applicable legislation proving that you pay social contributions in another EU country, these contributions won´t be withheld. In other words, if you have a steady job in your own country you could theoretically receive this A1 (formerly E101) form.

You are insured by your employer against all occupational accidents. In cases of illness, you are responsible to cover the costs of any doctor visits. You are entitled to paid sick leave only after you have been under the contract for a month.